John Mason, Best–selling Author, Minister and International Speaker, Founder and President of Insight International, an organisation dedicated in helping people reach their potentials and aspirations. His numerous best–sellers include An Enemy Called Average, You Are Born An Original, Don’t Die A Copy.
1. If you have found yourself throughout life never scared, embarrassed, disappointed, or hurt, it means you have never taken any chances.
2. The person who really wants to do something finds a way; others find an excuse.
3. You’ll always miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take
4. The world is divided into people who do things and people who talk about doing things. Belong to the first group, there is far less competition.
5. Unless you enter the beehive, you can’t take the honey.
6. Too many people lose an hour in the morning and then spend the rest of the day trying to recapture it.
7. To lose, you don’t have to have anything stolen from you; all you have to do is take everything you have for granted.
8. Faith is like a toothbrush. Everyone should have one and use it daily, but you shouldn’t try to use someone else’s.
9. Hard work is the accumulation of easy things that should have been done previously. The hardest work to do is that which should have been done yesterday.
10. An original is hard to find but easy to recognize.
11. You were born an original; don’t die a copy.
12. In times of adversity, you don’t have an obstacle, you have a choice.
13. Failure is the opportunity to start over more intelligently.
14. Failure can become a weight or it can give you wings.
15. Worry is like a darkroom, because darkrooms are where negatives are developed. If you can’t help worrying, remember worrying can’t help you either
16 Worry doesn’t help tomorrow’s troubles, but it does ruin today’s happiness.
17. In the game of of life, nothing is less important than the score at half time.
18. The way to the top is neither swift nor easy. Nothing worthwhile ever happens in a hurry. The less patience a person has the more he loses it.